- To achieve value for money and high performance from 3rd party Suppliers / Contractors by delivering consistently high-quality Procurement Services to meet the needs of the business and its operational Projects, and in line with Procurement and Corporate Strategy
- The job holder will be required to 1) drive and deliver productivities savings for Viet Nam thru implementing of best practices (RFQ, RFP, benchmarking…), supplier portal; 2) drive and consolidate to reduce the number of suppliers in Viet Nam to an effective level of 300 vendors; and 3) Enhance procurement policy thru sharing, training with stakeholders, suppliers on compliance, ethics, ABC, “doing the right things”; 4) drive the Supplier code audit and following up actions with Suppliers in Viet Nam; and 5) other tasks, projects.. assigned by Sourcing Manager for Viet Nam and Cluster Procurement Director
- The market to cover is Viet Nam of >110m$ spend with active almost 400 vendors in a particular and whole cluster of almost 200m$ spend and 1000 vendors. Annual productivities saving est 1.5m$.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
Sourcing / Strategic Sourcing
- To drive and deliver sourcing productivities savings for Viet Nam
- To ensure the implementation of a robust supplier selection process for all new local suppliers
- Lead and execute the e2e sourcing process (local and cluster level) for business requirements in selected local categories, using best practice to achieve best value for money
- Engage effectively with the business to formulate and communicate clear business requirements to suppliers
- Ensure all contracts are awarded in compliance with appropriate legislation
- Maintain accurately, prioritized and auditable records of procurement process compliance
- Assure contract & framework developments meet sustainable procurement obligations and preferences in addition to corporate health, safety, equality, quality and environmental requirements
- Enhance compliances (ethics, anti-bribery corruption, doing the right things…) in sourcing activities
- Supplier Portal
- Drive the implementation of Supplier Portal in Viet Nam and supporting the team in the cluster to implement across the cluster.
- Increase the procurement visibilities of catalogs in Supplier Portal
Supplier Code Audit
- To align with Cluster procurement BP on the Supplier Code audit plan and execute it in the cluster.
- Following up with vendors to close all open findings after Audit.
- Continue to review and plan for new audit for the country in line with the cluster
- Drive the consolidation and reduction of a number of effective suppliers and in line with Cluster & Global strategy.
- Manage supplier performance through regular meetings and a Coats balanced scorecard, creating supplier improvement plans as required
- Share supplier performance data with other Country Procurement teams, and Global and Cluster Procurement as required
- Lead supplier relationship management for any strategic Local-Level suppliers
- To identify key supply risks and implement appropriate mitigating actions. Escalate supply risks as appropriate
- To ensure a full understanding of the obligations of both Coats, and the Supplier, in all contractual arrangements. Where obligations are not being met, lead the resolution of any claims. Ensure that Coats maximises the benefits available from all contractual arrangements
- Lead contracts reviews during their term to ensure continued fitness for purpose with respect to scope, budget and performance change, risk.
- Manage the exit and transition of contracts, ensuring Coats obligations are met and minimizing the impact on supplier relationships
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of Procurement efficiency and reduce costs of the procurement process by participating in the re-engineering of business processes/procedures.
Management and Reporting
- Manage team skills and development gaps. Support the professional development of line reports
- Responsible for timely and accurate management information covering aspects of lead buyer reporting
- Ensure accurate sourcing productivity forecasts and actual benefits are maintained within Power Steering
- Ensure up-to-date contract records are maintained in the Contract Management System