Coats is the world’s leading industrial thread company. At home in some 50 countries, Coats has a workforce of 17,000 people across six continents.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company leads the way around the world. It provides complementary and value added products, services and software solutions to the apparel and footwear industries. It applies innovative techniques to develop high technology Performance Materials threads, yarns and fabrics in areas such as Transportation, Telecommunications and Energy, and Personal Protection.
Headquartered in the UK, Coats is a FTSE 250 company, a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series, a participant in the UN Global Compact and a Network member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
To ensure the continuous improvement process is supported in the unit to deliver sustainable and increase productivity.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
1.Creates, manages plan of training Lean Six Sigma for whole Manufacturing and Warehouse
- Ensure plan for training cover all employees in Manufacturing and Warehouse with less impact on Production.
- Result in training deliver.
- Establish the Lean manufacturing mindsets and make changes in CPP.
2. Continuous Improvement Process implementations
- Implement VSM to improve manufacturing lead-time continuously.
- Coordinators and drives Innovative Thinking Idea Program
- Lead the Hopper Ideas within Manufacturing and make it become the project.
3. Productivity Improvement
- Attend and support the Productivity Project activities in Manufacturing
- Identify the 8 types of wastes in the process and giving solution to remove/minimize the wastes.
- Co-ordinate with IE Analyst to review GAP analysis and using Lean Six Sigma Tool to reduce the GAP.
- Report and analyse variances to the manufacturing plan.
4. Support IE Manager/Supervisor.
- Co-ordinate with IE Analyst in the activities relevant to LEAN.
- Support IE Manager/Supervisor to do ad hoc required if any