A direct sales role in the commercial/business development team driving business for all existing Coats Digital products with new existing clients in the assigned territory.
Responsible for meeting all sales targets and KPIs including lead generation, establish pipeline cover, confirm new customers
Quickly getting up to speed on Coats Digital products and sales processes/ plays.
Managing the entire end to end business development process from lead generation through to close, including:
- Lead generation activities, including the identification and qualification of prospects, key decision-makers and influencers, via research, cold calling and email follow up; feeding information into CRM database
- Making contact with prospects the objective of securing sales appointments with targeted companies.
- Represent Coats Digital at trade exhibitions, events and shows
- Respond to RFI documents
- Maintain a sales pipeline of sufficient value to ensure that the sales target is achieved – minimum 300% of software licenses.
- Maintain details of all sales activities and prospect status in the CRM system. Maintaining full, accurate and up to date information relating to the latest status of all sales prospects in CRM including, the sales stage, copies of any visit reports, proposal documents etc., also as the sales process progresses, the likely value of each sale, probability and expected ‘closing’ date of the sale.
- Conduct initial sales meetings/presentations to build credibility, understand prospect needs and demonstrate our capabilities.
- Conduct discovery sessions with the prospect to understand the current process and identify problems/issues with existing processes (Pain Chain/business process analysis)
- Review findings of discovery sessions and agree on structure/scope of custom demo, building custom demos (with pre-sales support) and presenting them to prospects as required
- Create client proposals
- Prospect follow up, negotiation and close (ensuring that the terms of the software license agreement are acceptable to both parties)
- Ensure all issues discovered during the pre-sales cycle are effectively documented in pre-sales notes. To ensure that any potential issues can be communicated to the ops team.
- Completion of sales contracts and other required documentation
- Obtain a press release and an agreement for a case study for all successful sales
- A brief operations team with proposed client solution during Internal Kick Off meeting, ensure that the summary pre-sales notes are fully understood, for a ‘fast-start to the project.
- Attend External Kick-Off meetings to ensure continuity between sales and operations.