Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space, with beautiful, modern furniture. We are a direct to consumer brand, with a head office in Canada and warehouse locations across the Americas. We also have an office in Ho Chi Minh city that works closely with our vendors and has teams that are focused on Product, Sourcing and Quality.
As we continue growing our team, we’re on the hunt for a Compliance Specialist to join our office in Ho Chi Minh City. The Compliance Specialist will work cross-functionally with internal departments and local suppliers to support our rigorous product safety testing and ensure our products complies with international standards and regulations. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented to ensure accurate data entry and verify completeness of test reports during review.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Development Lead and Quality & Compliance Manager to define the vision for Compliance at Article and build out goals/priorities for the year.
- Build, maintain, and expand Article’s regulatory & voluntary compliance standards, product safety standards, and providing necessary updates to vendor manuals.
- In collaboration with the Development Lead, maintain and update the recall process SOPs, and coordinate with relevant internal/external stakeholders for recall events.
- Stay up to date on legislative revisions in Canada and the US, communicating with government agencies and/or recognized authorities as required.
- Communicate all legislative changes to vendors as they arise in a timely manner.
- Oversee the product safety escalation process, and continuously improve upon on how we deliver safe products to our customers; provide internal safety communications as needed.
- Equip our customer care and trade teams with the knowledge on how to address compliance questions from customers, and proactively create supporting documentation or training to address questions.
- Onboard new vendors on Article’s compliance requirements.
- Manage the law label registration process with our vendors and/or third party administrators.
- Review quarterly design concepts to identify any risks, or to build out new standards as required for new product categories.
- Collaborate with Article’s Raw Materials team to ensure new materials meet the compliance requirements, and to improve the material qualification process.
- Training sourcing and relevant teams when standards change.
- Attend applicable industry training courses to ensure Article’s program evolves with changes in the industry.
- Collaborate with Social & Environmental Responsibility team to evolve how we ensure our products and materials are ethically produced.
- Consult with marketing, trade, or customer care as needed for escalated customer issues.
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams such as product development, sourcing operations, and customer care as required.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Be a part of a fast growing company and an internationally recognized brand as we expand our operations into Vietnam.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.