The Purpose of Your Role
As an SEO Manager for Hello Health, you will be responsible for leading the SEO strategy, research and execution. This covers competitor analysis, keyword research, content optimisation, technical onsite and offsite activities. The SEO Manager will partner with cross-functional teams and provide clear guidance on content and page-level optimizations, work with product teams to ensure the platform is optimised and support the regional SEO Team in wider SEO projects.
The SEO Channel is a critical part of our audience acquisition strategy and in this role you have the opportunity to impact millions of individuals' lives and families for the better through providing them health content that inspires and engages them.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Content & On Page
- Lead research to understand search trends, organic traffic opportunities, and gaps in our search experience for ideation of new content & SEO methods.
- Define how the SEO team and content teams use Ahrefs and our own in-house tools to identify popular keywords that have the best potential to rank highly and drive valuable traffic.
- Advise editorial and content teams on how to optimize articles and other content types to ensure they have the potential to rank highly in Google.
- Onsite & Tech SEO
- Lead the SEO team in how the website should be optimised to increase SEO performance and create best practice checklists to follow
- Support the Product and Regional SEO team in creating new features and tests to increase SEO performance using cutting edge solutions
- Using advanced, real-time SEO monitoring software, understand and analyse how our website is currently optimized and performing in Google
- Offsite SEO
- Direct and coordinate off-page search engine optimization initiatives such as link-building
- Monitor other sites backlink profiles using Ahrefs to understand how we are performing against our competitors in Google Search Results
- Lead the analyses of our own backlink profiles using Ahrefs to understand the quantity, quality and types of links we are receiving and understand if they are naturally gained.
- Analytics & Reporting
- Use Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Ahrefs and our own in-house dashboards to monitor SEO performance, identifying dips or increases in traffic.
- Lead analysis efforts into changes in SEO performance and manage investigations to understand where, why and how it has happened. Creating reports on findings that will drive future content and SEO initiatives.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Clicks, impressions and keyword rankings in Google
- Website SEO health
- Number and quality of backlinks
- How content is optimized against our best practices