The Hotel Guest Relation Officer is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to guests of the hotel. They will be the first point of contact for guests and will be responsible for handling all guest inquiries and requests. They will also be responsible for addressing and escalating guests’ complaints and be responsible for ensuring that all guests have a positive experience at the hotel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Greet and welcome guests in a friendly and professional manner when they arrive.
- Provide guest information about hotel facilities, programs and other services and doing show rounds.
- Supervise and take care VIP guests during their staying at the Hotel.
- Handle all guest inquiries and requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Recognise the customer's circumstance and offer the best remedy.
- Ensure that all guests have a positive experience at the hotel.
- Professionally respond to customer complaints; make an effort to successfully resolve complaints in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide services and remedies that will improve client satisfaction.
- Work in conjunction with your coworkers, supervisors, and other departments as necessary.
- Sell and upsell hotel services and additional services to guests including: room reservations, entertainment bookings, foods and drinks, tours, transportation services, conventions.
- Support the front desk to perform check – in and check – out procedures when necessary
- English Competency
- Communication abilities
- A bachelor's degree in hospitality management or another related discipline
- Professional certification in hotel management may be preferred
Preferred work experience
- Working experience in hotel environment as a Guest Relations Officer or other related positions or
- Working experience in service environment
- Familiarity with hospital industry standards
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Trustworthy, reliable and teamwork spirit
- Customer oriented and professional attitude
- Outgoing personality
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent organizational and time – management skill
- Ability of problem - solving in a timely and effective manner
- Critical thinking
- Proficiency with computer and relevant software programs
- Interpersonal skills is essential
- Good management skills is a plus