The PostgreSQL Database Developer is responsible for developing database code. This is a central role in our development team that will build effective APIs that access and manipulate very large datasets, working with client DBA, architects and developers.
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers.
- Work with DBAs to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
- Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
- Work with DBAs and data analysts to ensure database code is accurately documented.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- 3+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
- Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other other high performance data concepts.
- Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex datasets and data structures.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or relevant field with equivalent experience.
Work Place: Da Nang, Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh