As an Office Based Medical Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for creating and delivering the strategic deployment plan for the Franchise Global Medical Experts and other Franchise Experts.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
1. As medical governance and medical affairs specialist
- Develop medical strategy and action plan for an assigned product, TA (therapeutic area) strategic medical input and execution in collaboration with Commercial team for Brand/portfolio strategy, New product launch, Market research, Opinion Leader development, Conference organizations, speaker's advice/contact and development of Continuous Medical Education Programs to ensure GSK prominence in the market.
- To provide strong technical, medical expertise to GSK 's interaction with external experts (EEs) and other relevant stakeholders (Medical associations, government officer, payer...) To develop and reinforce the external scientific understanding and credibility of GSK Rx among HCP and EE(s) by scientific engagement.
- Identifies and engages the external stakeholders appropriately in robust scientific dialogue that generates insight and advances scientific and medical understanding. The understanding regulatory environment and related requirements for new product access opportunities. Coordinate with relevant cross-functional team and liaise with an above country resource for support and responsible for conducting HTA/HEOR for a new product (if applicable) for evidence generation and reimbursement enlisting purpose when required. Ensures timely, professional and appropriate scientific engagement in strict adherence with Global Scientific Engagement Principles and Standards.
- Development and implementation of assigned TA and products and other relevant training activities.
- Keep up to date medical literature/ information on assigned therapeutic areas, competitor products and related scientific data for communication to other Medical, Commercial and Regulatory personnel to ensure prompt dissemination and awareness of information to all concerned. To support the marketing team to deliver scientific presentations where appropriate.
- Ensure medical affairs support to local business in cases where medical rep have medical queries - with accompanied field visits and external presentations as appropriate in order to facilitate understanding and solve issues.
- To actively participate in Commercial meetings and other cross-function meetings to provide relevant and latest medical information and insights for our product opportunities as well as to alert colleagues to key issues which could impact our products.
- Responsible for medical review according to GSK Code of practice and local regulation for all medical documents/tools used in promotion and SE to ensure the highest standards of medical and scientific accuracy and integrity.
- Assist the Medical Director in developing local medical SOPs and embedding SOPs in daily medical and commercial practices.
- Assist in training on Promotion Code and relevant SOPs to those involved in medical and promotional activities. Acts as a partner to compliance to ensure efficient ABAC process and support training.
- To perform periodic management monitoring of relevant operation aspects as required and to contribute in department's risk management process.
- To coordinate with the local Named Safety Contact (NSC) in the reporting and follow-up Rx product complaints received in Vietnam.
- To coordinate with NSC in liaison with regional and central safety officers on relevant pharmacovigilance matters.
3. Regulatory input
- To provide medical input/medical assessment into assigned product-related regulatory issues and submissions;
- To review product prescribing information for regulatory submission.
4. Assist Medical Director in developing and managing cross-functional projects and other projects
5. Being an Internal medical Speaker for Scientific engagement (SE) and promotional setting
6. Fulfill any additional task (individually based) if requested by Medical Director.