The Montessori teachers at International Montessori Academy (IMA) are guides who help direct his/her students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach fullest potential in these developmental areas with Montessori philosophy. The lead teacher is also responsible for maintaining the operation of the classroom in accordance with school’s guidelines and directions following the Montessori program. The Montessori teacher performs his/her services under the direction and supervision of the Academic Director.
- Responsible for preparing the classroom environment, materials, and equipment; ensuring that all materials are in good repair and all sets complete. Develops and makes materials when needed.
- Plan and implement the Montessori curriculum. Give appropriate presentations and establish a record keeping system to track the children’s progress.
- Supervise the classroom assistant, aide, interns, substitutes, and parent volunteers. Provide necessary instruction and training for those assisting in the classroom environment.
- Promote good communication among staff members.
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons.
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and educating parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Support academic plans and other school activities and throughout the school year.
- Technology savvy.
- Demonstrates unfailing integrity and professionalism at all times
- Assist in the planning and maintenance of the outdoor environment.
- To be familiar with the Parent’s Handbook.
- Attend all faculty meetings and scheduled staff events
- Be a community leader, responsible for the school in the absence of an Administrator.
- Strictly follows the company procedure and policy
- Stay within the classroom budget every year.