Coats is the world’s leading industrial thread company. At home in some 50 countries, Coats has a workforce of 17,000 people across six continents.
Coats’ pioneering history and innovative culture ensure the company leads the way around the world. It provides complementary and value added products, services and software solutions to the apparel and footwear industries. It applies innovative techniques to develop high technology Performance Materials threads, yarns and fabrics in areas such as Transportation, Telecommunications and Energy, and Personal Protection.
Headquartered in the UK, Coats is a FTSE 250 company, a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series, a participant in the UN Global Compact and a Network member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
- To ensure the continuous improvement process be supported in the units to deliver sustainable and increased productivity
- To ensure that all IE and Lean activities are maintained to recognized levels of best practice to deliver world class performance.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Activities
1.Safety & Housekeeping
- Ensure all accidents/incidents and near miss are reported in a timely manner
- Actively look for areas where safety can be improved.
- Maintain standards for housekeeping.
2. Co-ordinate activities of IE Analyst and LEAN Engineer
- Connect all activities of IE Analyst and LEAN Engineer to make sure achieve department KPIs.
- Ensure all activities of this group is timely and correctly
- Ensure the result of your direct report driven the productivity improvement.
3. Continuous Improvement Process implementations
- Establish the Lean manufacturing mindsets and make changes in CPP.
- Use Lean Six Sigma methodologies to lead Improvement projects
- Take effective and expeditious actions to correct any underperformance
- Using reconciliation report to Co-operation with relative Managers for the Corrective Action Plans
4. Productivity Improvement
- Initiate improvement actions where improvement opportunities are identified
- Monitor attainment of the production plans and KPI’s
- Attend, co-ordinate and control the Projects with Project Leader and IE Manager to achieve Manufacturing KPIs.
- Support IE Manager to do ad hoc required if any