1. Mange the daily activities of the department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
2. Ensure all staff is properly trained and have tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
3. Educate/train employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal state and local laws and safety regulations.
4. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. May assist with other duties as assigned and may serve as “manager on duty” as required.
5. Maintain and repair the interior and exterior of buildings, plants and equipment, guest rooms and contents.
6. Ensure the execution and achievement of the serviced apartment preventive maintenance program goals.
7. Monitors and controls expenses within all areas of the department. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial.
8. Establish and maintain procedures to: (1) ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, television etc. (2) replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste.
9. Interprets and implements policies and procedures; evaluates staff and makes hiring and termination recommendations.
10. Work with cluster engineer and/or outside architects regarding renovations and other such projects; contact contractors for bids/ quotations and meet with appropriate construction supervisors.
11. Responsible for determining the security requirements necessary to ensure that the serviced apartments, employees and guests are protected against any emergency crisis outlined in the Crisis Manual. Manage the relationship with a third-party security firm contracted for such purposes.