Our colongmorate client is urgently looking a Chief Legal Officer (CLO). The CLO is the head of the corporate legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs of the entire corporation. This role includes providing legal counsel to the board of directors, chairman of the board, chief executive officer and other senior management.
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters.
- Developing and leading internal audit and corporate compliance programs.
- Overseeing the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities.
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state, and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large.
- Advising the CEO & BOD and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues.
- Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team.
- Managing a team of corporate counsel and other members of the legal department.