You are responsible for maintaining the accounts and monthly and annual reporting for the organizations supporting LABS program, you will also work with the HQ finance team and help with the maintenance of accounts.
You will work in a team with an Assistant Manager, and Factory Coordinator, 60% of the time. For the balance 40% the resource would also work with the Country Manager of Cambodia to ensure that the legal and statutory requirements are being met.
The Accounts Officer will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment, compliance and record-keeping, compensation, benefits, as well as oversee administrative functions. This includes supervising all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable
The person, based in Phnom Penh and reporting to the LABS Cambodia Country Manager, is responsible for the account’s maintenance, reporting, audit, and statutory requirements in Cambodia.
The person will work closely with our external finance and legal advisors and will interact with implementation partners across our various programs in the country.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for day-to-day accounts of the LABS Cambodia team - will include journal entries, monthly P&L, cash flow statements, Assist in budget preparation, balance sheets, payroll management as per local law.
- Working with the Program Team on developing and implementing financial operating protocols and process.
- Responsible for the contracting and invoicing of external parties linked with the program.
- Work closely with the program team on the continuous improvement of the process of managing the application & contracting process.
- There will be some requirement to liaison with external partners in finance and operations.
- Will provide support as required in IDH to support both internal and external efforts in securing additional funding.
- Ensure statutory & legal compliance as per local law.
- Will be responsible for the annual audit for the program and interacting with the external 3rd party auditors.
- Will also be responsible for coordination with legal.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Responsibility for supporting the development and implementation of the program, including reporting, contract management, development of program pipeline deliverables. This will be done by working closely with the program officers.
- Will support with the implementation and management of the FFC (fair factory clearing house) solution.
- Monitor compensation - ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits like health insurance.
- Administrative function and support as needed/requested in the operations of the LABS Initiative, including but not limited to setting up meetings, planning for training, preparing minutes of meetings, and participating in operations call.