Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide-area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among - edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
The IPR Solution Architect is a customer facing role to prime all IP/MPLS solution and design from inception to implementation in IP/MPLS projects in Thailand and rest of APAC.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Be the Technical Solution Lead to engage customers on their IP/MPLS network challenges & programs and to offer a solution to them during both Pre-Sales and Post-sales phases.
- To support Services Tendering Team on BOM & High-Level Solution reviews; Work with TPM on man-effort estimates on the project and technical services delivery; Assist the Business Development Manager/s and his team in RFP clarification, if needed be to help to secure Orders.
- Be part of the virtual Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Teams to verify and support customer’s E2E Architecture & Design in both Green and Brown fields.
- Responsible for design validation and POC/Trial/BMT approaches, leads the actual testing & validation with engineers and towards customers.
- Leads certain IP/MPLS solutioning and domain to create and maintain Test documents, tools and templates for re-usability in POCs, Trials and Projects.
- Work closely with the TPM and PM to ensure delivery of the IP/MPLS solution/project so as to recognize Sales.
- Perform role/s and scope under Professional Services such as Network Audit Service work, Customer Resident Engineer/Resident Consultant, network migration/swap and delivering Customized Training to customers/partners in APAC region.
- Perform project roles such as Solution/Lead Network Architect or Integration Expert under deployment services to minimally recover cost or to generate services revenue on projects (IPRT and non-IPRT) we are supporting in APAC.
- Support IP/MPLS projects as IPR Solution Architect role championing the High-Level and E2E Architecture and Design.
- Guide and support Domain Architects and Integration Engineers on Low-Level Design and Integration/Testing/MOP where needed.
- Interface with regional PLMs on product features clarification, EOL/EOS and enhancement during Post-Sales phase as enquired by customers or/and during testing/validation and proposed (upscope) solution as part of project work.
- Provides mentorship, knowledge transfer and technical support to project team members.