Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our Vietnam Office.
We’re looking for a Raw Material Sourcing Manager to manage sourcing and negotiations with raw material suppliers. You will be sourcing new raw material vendors, managing contracts with vendors, and negotiating better raw material prices.
What You'll Do
- Develop new relationships with mills and tanneries
- Source other components for products such as foam, cabinet hardware, legs, and fasteners
- Work with finished good vendors to standardize components and aggregate demand across raw material vendors
- Work closely with Raw Material Developers at Article to anticipate new material needs and find suitable vendors
- Work to double source all raw materials so we have backup vendors to ensure supply continuity
- Negotiate fair prices with vendors and mitigate any raw material price increases
- Ensure all Raw Material vendors comply with Corporate Social Responsibility and are pursuing sustainable practices
- Follow up on production delays and ensure all vendors are producing raw materials according to agreed leadtimes