What You Will Do
Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our Vietnam office.
We’re looking for a Packaging Specialist to lead Article’s on the ground packaging program in Vietnam. Key responsibilities include sourcing packaging material vendors, ensuring vendor compliance to Article packaging standards, and negotiating packaging costs with vendors.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sourcing new packaging vendors both locally and globally to service our vendors in our local markets
- Negotiate packaging material prices through understanding raw material inputs, volume aggregation, and standardization
- Field any questions from finished good vendors about packaging specifications
Ensure compliance with Article’s packaging standards and proper execution of packaging designs
- Negotiated bill of materials oriented packaging price with finished good vendors
- Troubleshoot and problem solve packaging damage issues and suggest improvements
- Constantly work towards more sustainable packaging solutions that mitigate the use of foam and other non recyclable materials
- Innovate on packaging designs that provide more protection for products while using less materials