We are looking to hire a talented Oracle Database Administrator to manage our company’s Oracle database system. You will be required to install and maintain the database software, create storage structures, set up user accounts, debug malfunctioning programs, create backups, and regularly maintain the database security.
Oracle Database Administrator Responsibilities:
- Installing and maintaining the Oracle database software.
- Creating storage database structures with high-level security features.
- Altering storage structures to meet the evolving needs of the company.
- Setting up database user accounts.
- Training users on how to access the information in the database.
- Finding and debugging malfunctioning programs affecting the database integrity.
- Creating autonomous database backups.
- Regularly updating the database security protocols.
To ensure success as an Oracle Database Administrator, you should have extensive experience with DBA front-end and back-end tools, excellent problem-solving skills, and hands-on experience with Oracle database management. Ultimately, a top-level Oracle DBA can expertly manage a company’s database system to maximize performance and efficiency.
Oracle Database Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proven work experience as a Database Administrator.
- Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation.
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL.
- Knowledge of programming languages and API.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visualize algorithmic structures.
- Prefer to have working experience with Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Must be able to communicate in English