We’re looking for an Ocean Freight Coordinator to work closely with our booking agent, carriers, and suppliers in Asia to ensure space and availability for our shipments to North America. You will be monitoring open carrier bookings, communicating and analyzing shipment delays, and improving the on-time delivery of products to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Tracking vendor booking requests for shipments to ensure that all important milestones are being achieved from the time of booking to the container arriving at the origin port.
- Ensuring carrier allocations are met each week across all of Asia.
- Validating carrier forecast accuracy with actuals to support future allocation choices.
- Identify inconsistencies in shipment data between our internal database and carrier information and update systems accordingly.
- Provide assistance on analyzing vendor and carrier performance from multiple data sources to provide recommendations to the leadership team.
- Work closely with the Article Planning and Sourcing teams to align communications and instructions for vendors.
- Assist with the sample program coordination for air freight shipments in Asia.
- 3+ years of experience in ocean logistics, preferably in Eastbound Trans-Pacific lanes
- Management of third party logistics relationships
- Strong communication skills and proficient English speaking
- Experienced with working across multiple time zones
- The ability to problem solve and act with a sense of urgency
- Highly desirable to have good command of Mandarin language but not essential
- Familiar and confident with manipulating data from multiple sources for the purpose of analysis, to show clear performance and recommendations
- Curious, eager to learn and be proactive
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Be a part of a fast growing company and an internationally recognized brand as we expand our operations into Vietnam.
- Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.