The incumbent will be required to support the activities for LABS in the Apparel, Textile and Footwear sector,
focussing on Structural, Electrical, and Fire safety. The person will report to to Country Manager, LABS and
will be responsible for the successful management of 50 factories, and supervision of various firms
associated with LABS Initiative such as Inspection Firm (IF), Remediation Firm (RF), Quality Assurance Firm
(QA) etc. The FC/Senior FC will work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Brands, Factory
owners, local Authorities, Civil Society Organisations and LABS Team.
Core Job Functions
• Support the implementation of LABS initiative and its standards, consistent with project objectives
• Directly manage and coordinate the assessment process for about 50 factories.
• Working cooperatively with others to create a safe work site environment; and communicating
effectively with the facility owners, contractors and stakeholders associated with the LABS Initiative.
• Collaborate with Engineers and Auditors working with Remediation Firms, Inspection and Quality
• Clarify the Corrective Action Plan (CAP) generated after assessments to factories, where needed
• Schedule and perform factory visits to follow-up on implementation progress of the safety audits
conducted under LABS Initiative by Inspection Firms
• Track, document and report online the factory progress summarizing gaps and opportunities
• Monitor Inspection Firm’s performance and give timely feedback to Country Manager
• Attending and convening meetings as assigned
• Relationship building with Brand Participants, Factories, Training & Inspection Firms
• Provide Training on FFC (Fair Factories Clearing house) after being trained by FFC Lead
• Interacting with LABS Initiative counter parts in other countries for sharing good practices and
benchmarking quality control standards
• Administrative function and support as needed in the operations of the LABS Initiative including but not
limited to setting up meetings, making arrangements for training, preparing minutes of meetings and
participating in operations call, if needed
Terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration,
but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within
an enthusiastic and passionate team.
For questions about this position, please contact: Tien Le, LABS Assistant Manager Vietnam, email:-
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest
and capabilities for the position, please contact below contacts before 30th September 2021 mentioning
“Application for LABS senior factory coordinator” in the headline.
1. Hang Phan. LABS Country Manager Vietnam, email: [email protected]
2. Tien Le, LABS Assistant Manager Vietnam, email: [email protected]